New Linocut Print: Irises

The most recent project off the press is this linocut print of irises. I hand-carved the blocks and cranked each print by hand on the letterpress. The only thing automatic was the inking, which gives an even coverage, but still must be attended and added to. Lime green was its own block, as was the forest green. Pink, light purple, dark purple, and black were all cut and printed from the same block: a reduction. The inspiration for the print was a special birthday gift for my sister. The image is based on a photograph that I took, and oddly enough, I didn't even see the pink flowers until I started drawing from the photo. The irises are in a limited edition of 26 and each measures 11"w x 14"h. Twenty, signed and numbered on white paper, are now available on Etsy at nevermindtheart.





Comments

I love these irises, beautiful!